Medical Marijuana-Infused Processing Licenses Won by Bloom Medicinals
Posted: January 20, 2020 in Blog
In another big win for Bloom Medicinals, the company has been awarded two medical marijuana-infused processing licenses by Missouri’s Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS).
According to the DHSS website, “Marijuana-infused products are products infused with marijuana or an extract thereof and are intended for use or consumption by a means other than smoking. This can include but is not limited to edible products, ointments, tinctures and concentrates.”
DHSS awarded 86 licenses; 415 companies applied to have the right to build marijuana-infused products manufacturing facilities in Missouri. DHSS said more licenses could be awarded if “the department determines the limit must be increased in order to meet the demand for medical marijuana by qualifying patients.”
The facilities the licensees build must adhere to strict DHSS regulations that include:
Security measures to prevent the diversion and theft of marijuana
● Proper use of the statewide track and trace system
● Procedures for responding to an emergency, including severe weather, fire, natural disasters, and unauthorized intrusions
● An odor control plan to address odor mitigation that will be reviewed and certified by a professional engineer or a certified industrial hygienist to effectively mitigate odors for all odor sources
● For manufacturing facilities that produce ingestible medical marijuana-infused products the facility must comply with applicable food safety standards
● Marijuana transportation, building fire safety systems and other regulations apply
“We’re elated and thrilled yet again to win more licenses from the state of Missouri,” said Nicole van Rensburg, CEO of Bloom Medicinals. “We recently won two medical marijuana cultivation licenses from Missouri and we’re honored again to win more licenses from DHSS. It shows Missouri has faith in us and with our experience we’ll certainly deliver quality marijuana-infused products, with the compassionate care we always provide, at affordable prices.”
Medical Marijuana-Infused Products and Care Experts
Besides becoming a recent licensee in Missouri, Bloom Medicinals was also recently awarded a medical cannabis license by the Utah Department of Health. Bloom Medicinals will be building the medical marijuana dispensary on newly-purchased land in Cedar City, about 250 miles southwest of Salt Lake City.
Bloom Medicinals is a multi-state, medical marijuana company with over five years of successful enterprise operations. Based in Boca Raton, Florida, Bloom Medicinals was an early licensee in Illinois, Maryland, Ohio and Arkansas. With a compassionate approach to personalized care Bloom Medicinals offers several state-approved medical marijuana products that provide efficient treatment to help improve peoples’ quality of life.